The name my parents gave me at birth is Celeste. At first I did not like my name because I felt like it sounded really funny when I, myself pronounced but it sounded okay when someone else said it. The name Celeste is latin and it means heavenly. Not that long ago I also found out that it also means a really light blue. For some reason baby blue is my favorite color and after finding out I though it was a funny coincidence. One day I asked my mom who had named me and she said my dad did. But he made a big error when my mom left him to fill out the paper work because my name was supposed to be Soleil (soley) and not Celeste. Once my mom saw my birth certificate she got mad at my dad because hat was not the name they agreed on, of ocurse my dad was a little on the intoxicated side when he was filling out the birth certificate. In the end my mom ended up liking my name even more than my original name. If I had the chance I would not change my name at all, it is the name my parents gave me and its the name I will keep for ever. Its rare that i hear my name, its not really common but in recent times ive heard more often.
When i was in elementary school I used to always get in trouble with my teachers because when they did not pronounce my name right i would not raise my hand hand during attendance or turn when they did not call me the right name. Since I was young I was taught that my name was Celeste and nothing else, never let anyone try to change my name or call me something that is not my name, so i did what they told me. I had any white teachers and they called me Celest nd did not pronounce the e at the end of my name. My parents were always called into he principals office because my teachers would say I would talk back to them when in reality I was just correcting them in how my name was pronounced and how it was in my birth certificate. My parents were proud of me.
I enjoyed reading about what you said about your name. I also like how you said that you were supposed to be named something else and ended up with a different name.
ReplyDeleteYou have an interesting story to tell your young ones whenever you decide to have them. When they ask you how you got your name. It was intriguing that your name Celeste means heavenly nice.
ReplyDeleteHi Celeste, I think that it's good that you corrected your teachers, I also had to do the same growing up. It is cute that your dad put a different name on the birth certificate.
ReplyDeleteHi Celeste, your name is beautiful! Your name is actually one of the choices of names that I would give to my daughter whenever it is that I have a little girl. That is so funny how your dad wrote the wrong name on the birth certificate, that sounds like something my dad would have done too!
ReplyDeleteHello Celeste, I love your name. It definitely does sound heavenly just like its meaning. It's good that you corrected your teachers because I wouldn't like it either if someone kept pronouncing my name different! Good job girl!
ReplyDeleteCeleste, your name is really nice. I like how it means light blue in spanish.
ReplyDelete